According to my past posts, I have set a Big Audacious Goal twice already for this year. The first one was to edit and query Apocalypse; the other was the one I came up with yesterday to double my social media presence. I’ve gone with the latter, because it confronts all my lingering reluctance to promote myself:
- My writing isn’t good enough
- Nobody wants to hear from me
- I don’t need a media presence
- Nobody loves me! (Does this sound familiar?)
I’m working on 1) creating the SMART goal and 2) having fun with it.
First, the SMART goal. I will:
- Post using Loomly twice a week
- Post to Facebook and Twitter (I already post my blogs there)
- Only post book news once a week
- Use as many Loomly suggestions as possible to improve my social media posts
As for having fun, that’s just a natural part of who I am. Funny pictures, word play, bad puns — all come easily to me.
There’s a cynical part of me that says that this will not make any difference in engagement, but I have to take something on faith. Wish me luck.