In this new blogging style I’m working with (outlined in this post), I’m finding pluses and minuses that I want to talk about.
- The short sentences/headings/short paragraph form is familiar to me, because it’s close to academic style writing. I could even improve my academic style game with subheadings and APA style, but that might be too much for a blog.
- This format is probably the easiest and best for followers to read. People don’t have long attention spans on the Internet.
- This method forces my writing into a factual format rather than a creative one.
- I don’t know how a more creative essay could be done in this fashion, because it wouldn’t be an essay.
- Do people actually read my lyrical/essay posts??
- Does the headings/short sentences format increase my readers?
- Is there a possibility of including both types of entries (creative and factual) as blog posts?